P 500 (for new UGG games in English), see A
(fuer deutsche Versionen von GMT Spielen), siehe unten bei B
Read here about UGG's game plans for the near future:
- UGG has two exciting projects
to guarantee that you get the games you want, called Projects P200 and P500.
Who decides what games UGG will produce in future?
It is YOU, the customer.
A: What is Project P 500?
- The Details of Project P 500:
- A Series of Flops Can Kill
A wargame company must invest
hundreds, sometimes thousands of hours and tens of thousands
of dollars to conceptualize, develop, playtest, print, package
and distribute a game. If it hits the market and receives insufficient
acceptance (for whatever reason!), the company gets a drawback. If that
happens a few times, the company dies ... and you, the gamer,
lose that source of new games.
- What if UGG knew ahead of time
that there was a committed interest in the game? They could produce
exactly the games that you want. And that's exactly what
UGG is going to do with Project P 500.
- Here at UGG, we have experienced
the same retail slowdown as other companies in our industry,
and that makes it even more crucial that to find a solution that
allows us to keep bringing you great games without huge financial
risks on our part. Project P 500 is a vehicle to allow the buyer
more voice in what we produce, to cut our downside risk, and
to allow us to keep bringing you UGG-style wargames (yes, even
card games!) for years to come.
- This will allow you to determine,
to a much greater degree than ever before, which games we publish
or reprint and which designs don't make the big-time. And it
will take the financial pressure off of us without risking your money.
- How P 500 Works
- We'll release information about
a game design that is complete or nearing completion, or about
an out-of-print game that we think would be worth reprinting.
You decide whether you want the game. At the time we reach 500 customers, we charge the bank accounts,
and print the game (if it is a UGG label game or the German version of an English game). If it is a game of another publisher we forward order numbers to the publishers, but no customer data. We also do not forward any payments to those publishers before a game gets printed.
If for some reason we don't get 500 interested gamers, we do not charge you for anything. There's
absolutely no risk on your end.
In case of a credit card payment or paypal oders will be charged at the time of ordering. In case of credit cards the charge is done immediately to avoid any risk of saved credit cards may get hacked. UGG does not save any credit card data and accordingly no credit card data can be stolen. In other words ordering via credit card from UGG is save.
- Anyway if you prepaid for the order and the game you like will not be produced, then we pay back your money or credit it to you for purchase of anything else. The above is a change to our policy before 2014. UGG now gives preference to maximum security vs. the justified customer wish not to have credit cards be charged in advance. The fundamental principle that you will not loose your money if a game is not produced remains unchanged.
- The Project 500 offer will apply
to some exciting new games that have so far languished on our
production back burners because they were too risky or too costly
to print. It will also allow you to determine if and when we
reprint several classic out-of-print UGG titles that we've had
a lot of requests for but so far have been unable to reprint. To take advantage of any of
these offers, please use our Order Page (see below).
- Please note: Simply telling
us that you want a game when it comes out or that you might order
it later will not reserve you a copy of a game or move its counter
toward the 500 mark. To make this project work, we need your
firm order in hand. Customers in Germany may alternatively
give us a written confirmation to charge their bank account directly,
"Bankeinzug" with a SEPA core direct debit. SEPA core direct debit may also work in other countries with the Euro as currency, but is not supported by all banks. We need to make a test charge of one Euro to find out.
Please understand that this protects us as we shell out some
pretty hefty amounts to print these games. And we promise you
herein that you can trust us to protect you by not amking your order final until a game reaches 500 orders and is ready
to go to pre-press and the printer. With typical production turnarounds,
that will put the games consistently on your doorstep within
3 days after your card has been charged (overseas will take a bit
longer for surface shipping). And, as you'll note from our pricing
for these pre-committed orders, you'll save a pretty penny in
- Please, don't hold off on signing
up for the games on the current list in hopes that a game won't
make the cut and one from your favorite series will replace it
later. The P500 Project is an idea of GMT. UGG is a smaller company
than GMT and a UGG game needs every order to make 500 prepub
orders. If you don't sign an interesting game it may never see the daylight.
- What savings can you make
if you place a P 500 order?
- You get the cheaper preorder price instead of the regular listed price.
- Where to place a P 500 order?
- Customers in the USA, Canada,
and Mexico please order from GMT
or use our New Shipping
Option for USA, Canada and Mexico only € 12 per game.
Customers in all other countries order from UGG directly.
B: Was ist Projekt P 200?
Details von Project P 200:
- P 200 ist ein Projekt unter dem Deutsche Versionen von ausgewaehlten GMT Titeln produziert werden sollen.
Die Titel, die zur Auswahl stehen, befinden sich im UGG Shop unter der Rubrik deutsche Spiele (Link). Dort gibt es auch weitere Titel fuer bereits produzierte deutsche GMT-Spiele oder auch welche von anderen Herstellern.
- Wie funktioniert Projekt P 200?
- Sobald es 200 Vorbestellungen fuer ein Spiel (Projekt) gibt, wird es produziert. Die beste Methode ein Spiel vorzubestellen ist der Bankeinzug. Euer Konto wird erst dann belastet, wenn das Spiel in Produktion geht. Es besteht daher kein Risiko fuer Euch.
In anderen Faellen, wie Bezahlung per Kreditkarte oder Paypal wird das Geld sofort eingezogen. Dies ist technisch leider nicht anders machbar. Sollte es sich herausstellen, dass das Spiel nicht veroeffentlicht wird, zahlt UGG das Geld selbstverstaendlich zurueck. Eine andere Moeglichkeit ist es, dieses Guthaben fuer die naechste Bestellung zu verwenden.
- Kann ich etwas sparen, wenn ich eine P 200 Bestellung erteile?
- Ja, es gibt fuer jedes Spiel des P 200 Projektes 5% Rabatt.
Wo kann ich eine P 200 Bestellung durchfuehren?
- Dies geht bei uns im UGG Shop (Link).
Wo finde ich eine aktuelle Uebersicht ueber den Fortschritt bei den Vorbestellungen?
- Auch im UGG Shop (Link).